Patient Participation Group
Welcome to your Patients’ Forum
The Patients’ Forum is a friendly group of patients and staff who meet once every 3 months or so and discuss, review and advise on how the Surgery is performing as well as consider changes and enhancements.
We try hard to be representative of the whole patient population, but are under-represented in many areas – all the members are over 50, mostly female, all white British in origin, and have no significant physical disabilities – therefore, we would really appreciate anyone who does not fit that description to join us, give us the benefit of your experience, and help us to be more representative.
If you would like to contribute, we normally meet on a Tuesday evening at about 5.30pm at the Practice; if you feel you would like to be part of the group but find coming to meetings difficult, we’d be delighted to welcome you as an “e-member” and keep in touch via the internet.
If you would like to get in contact with the group their email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.
The ground rules outlined below were agreed for our conduct as a group. They may be amended in due course by agreement.
- The meeting is not a forum for individual complaints and single issues.
- We advocate open and honest communication and challenge between individuals.
- We will be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other.
- We will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results, as a group.
- Silence indicates agreement – speak up, but always go through the chair.
- All views are valid and will be listened to.
- No phones or other disruptions.
- We will start and finish on time and stick to the agenda.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference outlined below are drawn from a National guideline for Patients’ Groups and were unanimously agreed for adoption by Rosmellyn Surgery Patients’ Forum. The Forum will:
- contribute to practice decision-making and will contribute to discussion about service development and provision;
- communicate change to the wider community;
- provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice, constructively, whenever necessary;
- serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with generalised grumbles and complaints about the practice;
- represent patients views, whilst also helping them to understand the practice’s viewpoint;
- assist the practice and its patients by arranging or assisting voluntary groups and support within the community;
- communicate information about the community which may affect healthcare;
- develop a method of communicating with the wider patient list to enable the group to aire their views;
- give patients a voice in the organisation of their care;
- promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventive medicine;
- influence the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally;
- monitor services, eg hospital discharge and support when back in the community;
- give feedback to NHS trusts on consultations;
- fundraise for medical equipment or other facilities to improve the practice and/or fund the activities of the PPG ;
- liaise with other PPGs in the area.
This list is neither exclusive nor mandatory and may be amended at any time subject to the agreement of a majority of the group.