Make a complaint

We constantly strive to give patients the best possible care and attention. We regularly review our procedures and have case discussions where errors may have been made so that we can learn.  However, if you feel you have a problem with our services please read the advice below.

Practice Complaints Procedure

If you have a problem with the services we provide for you, please:

  • Visit, telephone or write to our Practice Manager, Mrs Lorna Nicholas, who will take full details and indicate what action is to be taken.
  • If you prefer to write down the complaint, you may like to use our Complaint Form; please ask for a copy at Reception.
  • If you would rather speak to one of the Doctors, this can also be arranged.

We think it is important to deal with such matters swiftly. Occasionally, if we have to make a lot of enquiries, it might take a little while, but we will keep you informed and we will aim to resolve matters within two weeks. You are very welcome at any time in the process to bring a friend or relative with you to any meeting.

We hope you will use our Practice procedure to allow us to look into and, if necessary, put right any problems you have identiified. Our Practice procedure does not cover matters of legal liability or compensation; it is not intended to deal with questions of negligence, or to provide financial compensation.

We aim to address your concerns fully, to provide you with an explanation, and an apology if that is appropriate, and to discuss with you any further action that may be needed.  We hope that you will feel satisfied that we have dealt with the matter thoroughly.  However, if this is not the case, and you wish to continue with your complaint, we will direct you to the appropriate authorities who will be able to help you.

Please let us know promptly if you have a complaint. The sooner you make known your feelings, the sooner matters can be dealt with, and the easier it is to establish what may have gone wrong.  Please note that if you wish to make a complaint on behalf of someone else, that person’s written consent is necessary before we can discuss the matter with you.

If you remain dissatisfied with our response or the action we take you have the right to approach the Health Service Ombudsman to request an independant review of your complaint.  You can contact them at:

Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345 015 4033


If you require independant support in progressing a complaint, you can contact:

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS)
17 Dean Street
PL14 4AB

Tel no: 0845 120 3782

Or click here for a direct link.

Alternatively you can use the Patients Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who provide an impartial service that can:

Listen to any concerns or comments that you have about health services.
Provide information about NHS services.
Give advice and support to patients, families and carers.
Help you to try and resolve any problems quickly.

Please note that PALS does not:

Give clinical advice.
Give legal advice.
Replace the NHS Complaint Procedure, although you might want to talk to PALS first if you are thinking about making a complaint. They may be able to help.

PALS is confidential and free and you can contact the service by clicking here or calling:

0845 170 8000 and asking for PALS